Conducting regular screening for symptoms and ongoing self-monitoring throughout the school day can help reduce exposure. Staff and students are encouraged to self-monitor for symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath. If a student develops symptoms throughout the day, they must notify an instructor immediately.
Staff and students must stay home if:
- They have tested positive for or are showing COVID-19 symptoms, until they meet criteria for return.
- They have recently had close contact* with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 until they meet criteria for return.
- *For CFL purposes, close contact occurs when a person remains within 6 feet of another person, while unmasked for more than 15 minutes.
- There is much higher risk if a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 was unmasked during the exposure.
- Someone in their household is being tested for COVID-19.
CFL will conduct symptom screening of any person entering the school buildings, including staff, students, family members and other visitors,
Fever is determined by a measured temperature of 100.4 °F or greater.
For persons entering the school building CFL will follow these procedures for taking temperatures:
- Individuals waiting to be screened must stand six feet apart from each other.
- The CFL staff persons taking temperatures will wear a cloth face covering, and will stand six feet apart except when taking another person’s temperature.
- The CFL staff person will use a touchless thermometer to measure the person’s temperature.
- The CFL staff person will wash hands or use hand sanitizer before touching the thermometer.
- The CFL staff person must wash hands or use hand sanitizer after taking temperature.
- The CFL staff person will clean and sanitize the thermometer, using manufacturer’s instructions, between each use.